Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Holiday Road – Part 2


Okay, back to where I left off…After a cat nap, intended to help me regroup, I came across a motherly eye-opener on my sister-in-law’s refrigerator. It was a Bio Poem that my sister-in-law’s oldest son had written about her. It read:

Bliss
Blissful, excited, firm and funny
Mother of Aubrey and Gage
Lover of my dad, elephants and Jesus
Who feels good, ecstatic and surprised
Who needs chocolate, people, and God's Word
Who gives happiness, light and understanding
Who fears snakes, tornados and the Lord
Who would like to have fun, tell jokes and party
Resident of America
Stowers

Wow! What an eye-opener! It made me think, “If my sons were asked to write a Bio Poem about me, what would it say?” Luckily, my oldest son is three so the vocabulary is limited and I might get a better poem than I deserve. But he won’t be three for long and each and every day he is watching me, taking in each word, reacting to each time I get frustrated, acknowledging when I am sad and realizing when I seem to be too busy. And I’m sure, more often than not, he is wishing I would put down my Blackberry and simply play “cars” just one more time.

Did you notice how many times he mentioned her love of the LORD? He mentioned it three times. Is my love of the LORD that evident to my children? Do I always attempt to show understanding with the grace and love of Jesus? Am I doing all I can do to make sure my children know, love and follow Christ? Would my children mention the LORD in my Bio Poem?

Moms, Dads, Expecting Mommies and Daddies - How would (or will) your Bio Poem read? After I conclude this post, I am going to place a Post-it on my mirror that says “What does your Bio Poem say?” I hope it will serve as a daily reminder that my sweet little blessings are watching my every move and hearing my every word.

I hope you will continue to ride with me down this Holiday Road. The trip “about” a lifetime will continue with another “Life Lesson” that you don’t want to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment